What is LEED?
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
- Enhances & protects ecosystems & biodiversity
- Improves air & water quality
- Reduces solid waste
- Conserves natural resources
Health & Community Benefits
- Improves air, thermal, & acoustic environments
- Enhances resident comfort & health
- Minimizes strain on local infrastructure
- Contributes to overall quality of life
Why Do We Do It?
- People in the U.S. spend about 90% of their time indoors
- EPA studies indicate indoor levels of pollutants may be up to ten times higher than outdoor levels.
LEED provides third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
What makes The Ridge LEED?
- We offer a 100% non-smoking building option
- ENERGY STAR® appliances and low-flow, water-saving fixtures lower utility bills
- Convenient covered bike storage
- Improved air quality through the use of low-emitting VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint, carpets, adhesives and sealants
- Enhanced Air filtration leverages fresh outdoor air providing a healthier living environment
- Energy-efficient low-E windows
- Enhanced Insulation
- Building uses about 30% less water than standard
- Construction waste is recycled
- Building materials include recycled content
- Building materials sourced regionally, reducing transportation impact and supporting the local economy